Sunday, August 12, 2018

A court of thorns and roses by Sarah J. Maas

A court of thorns and roses by Sarah J. Maas

about the book

When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she knows about only from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal but Tamlin- one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.
    As Feyre dewells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow over the faerie lands is growing, and Feyre must find a way to stop it.... or doom Tamlin- and his world- forever.

my thoughts on the book

1. Did you get lost in the book?  Yes I did. I bought this book on Wednesday and finished it today. Probably could have finished it earlier but I do have a 3 year old daughter to take care of. 

2. Was the character development intriguing?
Yes it was as there was times I felt like I was Feyre 

3.  Did you care about the characters?
Yes I started to cry in some parts

4. What is your favorite quote from the book?
We need hope, or else we cannot endure.

5. Why was it your favorite quote?
It holds some truth to it. 

6. Was there is anything you disliked about the book?
nope there was not

7. Were you engaged immediately or did it take you awhile to "get into the book"? 
Why yes I was engaged immediately. I had to make myself put the book down and go to bed. 

8. Would you recommend this book to anyone?
Yes I am recommending this book to you now. If you have not read this book go and get pick this book up now and read it. 

9. Is there material in this book that is not good for kids to read?
Yes there is material in this book that would not be good for kids to read. To me it should not be in the teen section at the book store but in the Young adult section. As I would let my daughter read at 17 maybe 16 if I felt like she was mature enough. There is sex in this book and lots of fighting mentioned and talks of death. But if you feel comfortable with your kids reading it then let them read it. 

10. Where did you buy it at?
I bought this book at books a million. But I am sure it is at other book stores and Amazon. I am also sure you maybe able to find it in a library. 

Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment